HOW TO PREVENT INFLUENZA?
Wash hands, cover nose and mouth when sneezing with a tissue, use a mask.
Conducted by the Ministry of Health to monitor circulating influenza viruses
Can be as a therapy or prevention. Unfortunately not widely available at pharmacies
Influenza vaccination is the best way to prevent influenza. Vaccination is given once a year. Provides optimal protection after 28 days of injection. (autocount)
- No high fever
- No egg / chicken protein allergy
- No allergic reaction after injecting a flu vaccine in the past
Prevent seasonal influenza, for Indonesia which is a tropical country on the peak occurrence around the rainy season
Influenza vaccination decreases
1. Influenza like illness (ILI) incidence of 34%
2. The risk of ILI is fivefold
3. ISPA EC fever incidence (40.6% to 28.7%)
4. ILI rate attack (30.31% 8.13%)
5. Illness periode (5.8 days 5.37 days)
6. Effectively prevent hospitalizations up to 50-65% and deaths up to 80% in elderly patients & reduce the death rate of COPD patients 7.8
Benefits for Companies & Institutions :
Increasing Productivity of Companies & Institutions
Influenza vaccination decreases:
- 42% doctor visits
- sick leave of 32% 1 (from 21.1% à 9.9%), periode of leave (4.22 days à 3 days)
Cost Effectiveness Compared to oseltamivir antiviral therapy
- Save up to USD 25 per person
Analysis of benefit costs1
- Save AUD 20.93 / worker / semester
Influenza Like Illness (ILI) incident
- Save AUD 139.61 / worker / semester
Output of Febrile Illness (fever)
- Save AUD 58.36 / worker
Reducing the occurrence of bacterial resistance due to the use of antibiotics from the treatment of influenza symptoms
Recommended for pilgrims of Hajj & Umrah
"The Ministry of Health recommends that all pilgrims from both inside and outside of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have their journey, especially those most vulnerable to complications from the flu, such as the elderly and people with chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes, and renal, liver and cardiac problems. "
The American Society of Internal Medicine in Atlanta, USA in 2010 reaffirmed that immunization in adults can prevent death by 100x compared to children.
In the 2010 public health program, the United States launched 60% of influenza vaccination in adults
Influenza vaccination will reduce the risk of co-infection and genetic reassortment of the human influenza (H1N1) and avian influenza (H5N1) viruses in birds in the human body, thus preventing the formation of a new type of more virulent influenza virus.