BIO SAVE Sera
Polyvalent Anti-Snake Venom Sera is a purified antisera produced from equine plasma providing immunity against snake venoms that are neurotoxic (from species such as Naja sputatrix-cobra snake, Bungarus fasciatus – banded krait) and haemotoxic (from species such as Agkistrodon rhodostoma- Malayan pit viper) of which are widely found in Indonesia, and contains phenol as preservative. Polyvalent Anti-Snake Venom Sera is a yellowish clear liquid.
Each mL contains of anti venoms:
- Agkistrodon rhodostoma ≥ 10 LD50
- Bungarus fasciatus ≥ 25 LD50
- Naja sputatrix ≥ 25 LD50
- Phenol 2.5 mg
For treatment against snake bites particularly from Naja sputatrix, Bungarus fasciatus, and Agkistrodon rhodostoma.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Passive immunization, antivenoms are injected to neutralize snake venoms in the patient’s blood circulation.
Perform sensitivity test prior to administra- tion; if proven sensitive, do desensitization.
1. Result of sensitivity test must be negative.
2. Administered gradually.
3. Observed patient for at least one (1) hour.
Person who is proven to be allergic to equine antisera.
WARNING & PRECAUTION
- As there is no cross neutralization, this Polyvalent Anti-Snake Venom Sera is not effective against venom of snakes found in eastern Indonesia (e.g snakes of Acanthopis antarticus, Xyuranus scuttelatus, Pseudechis papuanus, etc.) nor sea snake (such as Enhydrina cystsa).
- May be administered to patients with severe asthma record, provided that symptoms of systemic intoxication are visible.
- Not for local administration on bitten area.
- See Information on Antisera Administration
- Polyvalent Anti-Snake Venom Sera must be stored at temperatures between +2°C to +8°C.
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Expiry date 2 years.
- Box : 1 vial @ 5 mL