Serum Anti Bisa Serpent (Horse)
Each mL contains of anti venoms:
• Phenol 2.5 mg
For treatment against snake bites particu- larly from Naja sputatrix, Bungarus fasciatus, and Agkistrodon rhodostoma.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Passive immunization, antivenoms are in- jected to neutralize snake venoms in the patient’s blood circulation.
Perform sensitivity test prior to administra- tion; if proven sensitive, do desensitization.
1. Result of sensitivity test must be nega- tive.
2. Administered gradually.
3. Observed patient for at least one (1) hour.
Refer to Information on Antisera Administration (Page 127).
Person who is proven to be allergic to equine antisera.
WARNING & PRECAUTION
- As there is no cross neutralization, this Polyvalent Anti-Snake Venom Sera is not effective against venom of snakes found in eastern Indonesia (e.g snakes of Acanthopis antarticus, Xyuranus scuttelatus, Pseudechis papuanus, etc.) nor sea snake (such as Enhydrina cystsa).
- May be administered to patients with severe asthma record, provided that symptoms of systemic intoxication are visible.
- Not for local administration on bitten area.
- See Information on Antisera Adminis- tration