Adsorbed DT Vaccine
DT vaccine is a white homogeneous colloidal suspension in glass vial. It contains purified diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, which are adsorbed on to aluminum phosphate.
Each dose (0.5 mL) contains :
Active Ingredient :
• Purified diphtheria toxoid 20 Lf
• Purified tetanus toxoid 7.5 Lf
• Aluminum phosphate 1.5 mg
• Thimerosal 0.05 mg
Active immunization against diphtheria and tetanus infections simultaneously in children.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Stimulate the body to produce antibodies against diphtheria and tetanus.
Some temporary tenderness and redness at the site of the injection, Guillain Barré syndrome, and occasional fever may occur.
- A second or subsequent dose of DT should not be given to a child suffering a severe reaction to the previous dose.
- Hypersensitive to one component of vaccine
Individuals infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), both asymptomatic and symptomatic, should be immunized with DT vaccine according to standard schedules.
WARNING & PRECAUTION
For individuals above 7 years old, it is recommended to use adsorbed vaccine for adult, Td vaccine
- Adsorbed DT vaccine must be stored at temperatures between +2°C to +8°C.
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Expiry date 2 years.
The use of Opened Multi-Dose Vial Vaccine
Multi-dose vials of DT from which one or more doses of vaccine have been removed during an immunization session may be used in subsequent immunization session for up to a maximum of 4 weeks.
Box : 10 vials @ 5 mL (10 doses)