Adsorbed Td Vaccine 10 doses
Td vaccine is a white colloidal suspension in glass vial, contains purified tetanus toxoid, and purified diphtheria toxoid, with a lower dose of the diphtheria component. The toxoids are adsorbed onto aluminum phosphate.
Each dose (0.5 mL) contains :
Active Ingredient :
• Purified tetanus toxoid 7.5 Lf
• Purified diphtheria toxoid 2 Lf
• Aluminum phosphate 1.5 mg
• Thimerosal 0.05 mg
Booster immunization against tetanus and diphtheria infections of individuals aged 7 years onwards.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Stimulate the body to produce antibodies against tetanus and diphtheria.
• A single 0.5 mL dose of the vaccine is recommended, as a booster.
• The use of Td to replace other Diphtheria and Tetanus–containing vaccines should be in accordance with official recommendation due to the low dose of diphtheria toxoid in this vaccine.
• The use of vaccine for primary immunization and in pregnancy has not been evaluated.
• It may be given at the same time as Measles, Polio (OPV and IPV), Hepatitis B, Yellow Fever vaccines, at separate injection sites and vitamin A supplementation.
Note: The ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices) has publishedrecommendation for use of Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids Adsorbed, for adult use in pregnant human. Td vaccine may be used as a primary immunization for persons contraindicated for DTP Vaccine, from 7 years of age. According to ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices), they should receive two doses of 0.5 mL of adsorbed Td with reduced dose of diphtheria of adults at an interval of at least foureight weeks. A third dose is recommended at least 6 months after the second dose.
Some transitional local pain (20-30%) and fever (4.7 %) were reported during the clinical trial.
A second and subsequent dose of Td should not be given to an individual who suffers a severe reaction to the previous dose. Immune deficiency Individuals infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), both asymptomatic and symptomatic, should be immunized with Td vaccine according to standard schedules.
• Adsorbed Td vaccine must be stored at temperatures between +2°C to +8°C.
• DO NOT FREEZE.
• Expiry date 3 years
The use of Opened Multi-Dose Vial Vaccine Multi-dose vials of Td from which one or more doses of vaccine have been removed during an immunization session may be used in subsequent immunization session for up to a maximum of 4 weeks, provided that all of required conditions are met.
Box: 10 vials of 5 mL (10 doses).