Poliomyelitis Oral Monovalen Tipe 1 Vaccines
mOPV1 vaccine is a light yellow to pink liquid in glass vial, contains suspension of type 1 attenuated polio virus (Sabin strain).
Each dose (2 drops = 0.1 mL) contains :
• Attenuated Polio virus (Sabin strain) type 1 ≥ 106.0 CCID50*
• Erythromycin not more than 2 mcg
• Kanamycin not more than 10 mcg
• Sucrose 35 % v/v (as stabilizer)
* CCID50 = Cell Culture Infective Dose 50
Active immunization against poliomyelitis type 1 in response to outbreak condition.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Stimulates the body to produce antibody against Polio type 1.
- mOPV 1 must only be administered orally.
- Two drops are delivered directly into the mouth from the multidose vial by dropper.
- Care should be taken not to contaminate a multidose dropper with saliva.
In the vast majority of cases there are no side effects. Very rarely, there may be vaccine associated paralysis (one case per 3 million doses administered). Persons in close contact with a recently vaccinated child may very rarely be at risk of vaccine- associated paralytic poliomyelitis.
In case of diarrhea, the dose received will not be counted as part of the immunization schedule and it should be repeated after recovery.
- Patient with leukaemia and disgam maglobulinemia.
- Children with acute infection along with fever.
- Children with immunological deficiency.
- Children with immunosuppressive treatment.
WARNING & PRECAUTION
- Must only be administered orally.
- Simultaneous vaccination with other live vaccine should be administer sep- arately.
- See information on vaccine administration
- Vaccine is potent if stored at not more than -20°C until the expiry date indi- cated on the label of the vial.
- It can be stored for up to six months between +2°C to +8°C.
- Expiry date 2 years.
The use of Opened Multi-Dose Vial Vaccine
Multi-dose vials of mOPV1 from which one or more doses of vaccine have been removed during an immunization session may be used in subsequent immu- nization session for up to a maximum of 4 weeks, provided that all of required conditions are met.
10 vials @ 1 mL (10 doses)
10 vials @ 2 mL (20 doses)
50 vials @ 2 mL (20 doses)