Vaksin Poliomyelitis Oral Monovalen Tipe 1
Each dose (2 drops = 0.1 mL) contains :
• Attenuated Polio virus (Sabin strain) type 1 ≥ 106.0 CCID50*
• Erythromycin not more than 2 mcg
• Kanamycin not more than 10 mcg
• Sucrose 35 % v/v (as stabilizer)
* CCID50 = Cell Culture Infective Dose 50
Active immunization against poliomyelitis type 1 in response to outbreak condition.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Stimulates the body to produce antibody against Polio type 1.
In the vast majority of cases there are no side effects. Very rarely, there may be vac- cine-associated paralysis (one case per 3 million doses administered). Persons in close contact with a recently vaccinated child may very rarely be at risk of vaccine- associated paralytic poliomyelitis.
In case of diarrhea, the dose received will not be counted as part of the immunization schedule and it should be repeated after recovery.
- Patient with leukaemia and disgam- maglobulinemia.
- Children with acute infection along with fever.
- Children with immunological defi- ciency.
- Children with immunosuppressive treatment.
WARNING & PRECAUTION
- Must only be administered orally.
- Simultaneous vaccination with other live vaccine should be administer sep- arately.
- See information on vaccine adminis- tration
- Vaccine is potent if stored at not more than -20°C until the expiry date indi- cated on the label of the vial.
- It can be stored for up to six months between +2°C to +8°C.
- Expiry date 2 years.
The use of Opened Multi-Dose Vial Vaccine
Multi-dose vials of mOPV1 from which one or more doses of vaccine have been removed during an immunization ses- sion may be used in subsequent immu- nization session for up to a maximum of 4 weeks, provided that all of required conditions are met.