TT vaccine is a white homogeneous colloidal suspension in glass vial, contains purified tetanus toxoid, which is adsorbed onto aluminum phosphate.
Each dose (0.5 mL) contains:
Active ingredient :
• Purified tetanus toxoid 10 Lf
• Aluminum phosphate 1.5 mg
• Thimerosal 0.05 mg
Active immunization against tetanus and neonatorum tetanus by immunizing child bearing age woman.
Mechanism of action
Stimulates the body to produce antibody against tetanus
• TT immunization for the prevention of tetanus/ neonatorum tetanus consists of two primary doses of 0.5 mL given intramuscularly at least four weeks apart followed by the third dose at least 6 months later.
• TT vaccine may be given at the same time as BCG, Measles, Rubella, Mumps, Polio (OPV or IPV), Hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and Yellow Fever vaccines and vitamin A supplementation.
Rare and mild. Some temporary tenderness and redness at the site of the injection and occasional fever.
It is safe to be given during pregnancy.
- A severe reaction to previous dose of tetanus immunization
- Hypersensitive to one of elements in vaccine
- Should not be given to those having fever or acute infection. Can be administered to those having minor afebrile illness such as mild infection on the upper respiration tracks.
Persons infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), both asymptomatic and symptomatic, should be immunized with TT vaccine according to standard schedules.
- TT vaccine must be stored at temperatures between +2°C to +8°C.
- DO NOT FREEZE.
- Expiry date 3 years.
The use of Opened Multi-Dose Vial Vaccine
Multi-dose vials of TT from which one or more doses of vaccine have been removed during an immunization session may be used in subsequent immunization session for up to a maximum of 4 weeks, provided that all of required conditions are met.
Box : 10 vials @ 5 mL (10 doses)